10 Things to make your Durango Halloween Spook-tacular
Halloween in Durango has always been nothing short of a spook-tacular time. Whether it be the creative costumes, the haunted houses or the pumpkin carvings that just scream everything local about Durango, you are sure to find something unique to see and participate in on the spookiest day of the year-- Halloween. So if you don’t have plans yet or you are using not having a costume as an excuse to not partake in the fun, then check out these 10 ideas that will put the fun back into Halloween-- Durango style!
*Still need a costume to get you in the Halloween spirit? Check out these local shops!
It’s the 5th annual haunted house put on by the Elk’s Lodge of Durango! Be there or be scared… Catch the show on Friday, Saturday or Sunday from 6PM - 10PM-- tickets are $10 per person. Bring the whole family for the kids friendly show from 12PM - 3PM on Saturday for only $3 per person.
Obviously, a show you can’t miss, especially when in the spirit of Halloween! Catch the show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at the Durango Arts Center!
Get ready for all things spooky during the paranormal investigation of Durango! Go through underground tunnels around town and discover something entirely too terrifying to believe. Tickets come with a free drink coupon to El Rancho Tavern after the tour!
It’s fun for the whole family and benefitting the Big Brothers Big Sisters program of Southwest Colorado! Enjoy trick or treating, live music, a pumpkin patch and a coloring contest from 11AM - 2PM.
5. Children’s Trick-or-Treat @ Downtown Main Street, Durango
Grab the whole family and go trick or treating on downtown Main Street in Durango on Halloween Sunday from 4PM - 6PM!
6. Zombie Walk @ Downtown Main Street, Durango
No, there will not be REAL zombies and no you do not have to dress up as one. Just come out and enjoy the fun at midnight on Halloween night as -adults only- walk historic main street. It’s a Durango-style Halloween tradition.
7. Get in the Halloween spirit and check out the seasonal food specials happening around town in Durango.
8. It’s not truly Halloween without a fun creepy cocktail to enjoy. Check out these drink specials and fun places to get seasonal cocktails!
9. Halloween means two things: the best costumes and the best sweet treats to enjoy! Check out the local candy and chocolate shops to indulge in.
10. Don’t just throw your old pumpkin carvings, apples and leaves in the garbage the day after Halloween, drop them off with the Good Food Collective for composting and donations to local farmers for them to feed the animals! Pumpkin and leaf drop off!