2020 Durango Film Festival Overview
Lights, camera, action! The Durango Independent Film Festival is back and ready to roll! The festival will begin on Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 and end on Sunday, March 8th, 2020. That means five days of non-stop film screenings you won’t want to miss. The festival is the perfect opportunity to support local artists, as well as the independent filmmaking industry. Help us give praise to those who dedicate so much time and energy into creating art while using the big screen as their canvas. This is the ultimate platform for independent filmmakers to showcase what they are most passionate about-- film!
Why this Festival is Iconic
Durango Independent Film Festival works hard to integrate the community with filmmakers. While working closely with the Four Corners Film Office, DIFF strives to showcase the diverse culture and the extraordinary lifestyle that Durango has to offer. There will be 112 awe-inspiring films presented that are categorized into eight different genres, making DIFF exclusively unlike any other in the area. So, whether this is your first year going to DIFF or your 15th, come out and support the independent filmmaking industry; we promise these films will be nothing like any Hollywood Blockbusters you’ve ever seen!
Inside Look: What you don’t want to miss!
There is a full schedule of when and where all the various films will be showing in select theaters around Durango. But, we have the full schedule of when the FREE panels and exclusive workshops will be taking place during the festival.
- Wednesday, March 4th: It’s the festival’s opening night and that means it’s FREE movie night. Head on over to the Animas City Theatre or to the Gaslight Twin Cinemas. It’s first come first served so make sure to get there early to get seats!
- Saturday, March 7th:
- 11am @ The Irish Embassy Pub: Underground will be a presentation from Liz Tuccillo about the business of writing and curating stories for large and small screen productions. Tuccillo is an industry veteran, producer and writer of Sex and the City and He’s Just Not That Into You.
- 1pm @ The Irish Embassy Pub: Underground will be a panel conversation about what exactly it takes to be in motion pictures. This talk will feature Talent Agent Carissa Mitchell (Mitchell & Associates), Casting Director Marie McMaster (Hell or High Water, Sicario), actor and coach Vic Browder (Sicario, Godless) and other special guests.
- Sunday, March 8th at 11am @ The Irish Embassy Pub: Underground will be a screenwriting workshop! This is a hands-on, interactive workshop with Liz Tuccillo and how to turn ideas into a working, screen-written masterpiece.
- Daily, beginning Thursday, March 5th - Sunday March 8th at 8:30 @ The Rochester Hotel at R Space will be coffee and discussion with the filmmakers!
Click HERE for a complete schedule of the five day festival including when each film screening will be, descriptions of the films and previews. If you missed one of the films you were dying to see, don’t fret! There will be two showings of each film on different days; so make sure you take note of when and where the film will be presented that day.
It's PARTY Time
The film festival isn’t just about watching awesome independent films-- there’s a time and place to party it up too!
- Wednesday, March 4th from 4pm - 6pm @ Animas Chocolate & Coffee Company is the Festival Kickoff and Sponsor Party! This party is for sponsors and First-Tier All Festival pass holders only.
- Thursday, March 5th from 6pm - 8pm @ Sorrel Sky Gallery will be the Native Cinema Reception. The entire community is invited to this one! Meet the filmmakers and enjoy food from the Himalayan Kitchen to celebrate Native Cinema. Hosted by the Cherokee Nation Film Office.
- Friday, March 6th from 5pm - 8pm @ The Irish Embassy Pub: Underground in the filmmakers lounge is your chance to meet and greet the innovators of the productions being screened all week long. The public is invited and there will be a cash bar.
- Saturday, March 7th & Sunday, March 8th from 10pm - 1pm @ Mutu’s Italian Kitchen will be the Late Night VIP Party. VIP, First-Tier pass holders and All Film pass holders only. Food and spirits will be served with a signature drink made specially by Honey House Distillery. 21+ only
- Sunday, March 8th at 6:30pm @ The Animas City Theatre will be the official Wrap Party & Award Ceremony! This event is for First Tier and All Film pass holders only. The Durango Circus will be the entertainment for the evening and Durangourmet will impress with decadent food. Cash bar.
Get Your Passes NOW
Various non-refundable passes are available for purchase. 6-Pack, 10-Pack, All Film, All Festival and All Festival BOGO passes can be purchased here.
*Important Note: The Headquarters for the 2020 Durango Independent Film Festival will be located at Four Leaves Winery