Durango Regional Job Fair
Need a job or looking for a new career path? You’re in luck because the Durango Regional Job Fair is happening this week! Head on over to the La Plata County Fairgrounds to see what all the buzz is about. Be prepared to possibly get an interview on the spot! If you don’t get an on-site interview, don’t stress. Some employers will be scheduling interviews for different times throughout the following weeks after the job fair has ended. The vendors at this event are looking for good first impressions and the best fit for their company in a quick, fast-paced manor. Make sure to dress professionally, bring your resume and your A-game; you’ve got this!
THE AWESOME VENDORS
- Visiting Angels
- There is a constant demand for senior home caregivers! If you’re empathetic, patient and have a huge heart for those around you, then this is the perfect career choice for you!
- Growing Spaces
- Growing spaces builds greenhouses that provide a perfect environment for plants to thrive year round! Check out their table at the job fair to see just what they are looking for in their future employees.
- Farmington Municipal Schools
- Farmington Schools are looking to hire those who are passionate about educating young minds and aiding them in their process of learning and growing.
- Express Employment Professionals
- This company is the ultimate tool you need to find a job or career that you can be proud of taking part in within your community.
- Elwood Staffing
- Elwood Staffing is a search engine that can be utilized to find a job best suited for you and is also in your proximity.
- Durango Workforce Center
- The Durango Workforce Center will help you find what job you are looking for and pinpoint the qualifications you have to best suit a career path you would thrive in! Stop by their table to get all the information you need to take the next step in furthering your career.
- Durango & Silverton Railroad
- The D&SNGRR is always looking to hire more staff! The train is one the biggest tourist attractions in town, so they are bound to become very busy within the next couple of months. Check out the different career opportunities by stopping by their table at the job fair.
- DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton
- The DoubleTree offers river-front views of Durango-- no wonder it is one of the most popular hotels for visiting tourists and hosting events! The DoubleTree is currently looking to hire an agent for guest services, a night auditor and a restaurant supervisor.
- Colorado Department of Transportation
- CDOT is a program that runs in order to ensure Colorado has safe highway systems by providing snow removal services, road maintenance and much more! There are plenty of different career paths to choose from including road maintenance workers, director or management positions and engineers!
- Centura Health
- Centura Health is looking for those who are interested in furthering their career in the healthcare industry. They are currently looking for technicians, surgical doctors, patient service representatives, RNs and much more!
- Ballantine Communications Inc.
- BCI is a privately held US based media company with over 60 years of experience in the field. They offer career opportunities with the following positions: accounting & finance, administrative, circulation, front and backend web development, graphic design, human resources, journalism, leadership, sales & account management, marketing, new product development, on-air talent and video production.
- Whether you are looking for something part-time to earn some extra cash, or you want to find something more permanent with the opportunity for growth in the company, Wendy’s could just be the thing you are looking for.
- Speedway is looking for some help! With several locations across the county, it would be the perfect place to work if you wanted to stay in the La Plata County area.
Not quite sure what you should include on your resume? Or are you not even sure where to start when it comes to writing one? No worries! There are so many helpful resources that you can use to ease the pressure off of this process. Here are a couple of our tips:
- Decide what type of resume it is that you are building
- Create a header
- Write a Summary
- List your Experience and/or Skills
- Awards (if any)
- Personal Interests
- Print it out!:)
*Need more detailed information? Check out this helpful resource!
WHAT TO WEAR
Need help picking something out to wear to the job fair? Here are some helpful guidelines to help you! Remember, the more professional the look the better-- then the employer will know just how serious you are about getting a job you want! A collared shirt, slacks or dress pants and closed-toed shoes is always a safe bet!
- $175,000 | TBD S. Bear Creek Road Bayfield, CO 81122
- $599,900 | 480 Lewis Street Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
- $419,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #105
- $434,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #75
- $485,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #117
- $403,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #141