After a long year of staying home, social distancing and not getting to do the things that Durangatangs hold most dear, we are finally getting back to normal! Just a public service announcement to remind everyone what “normal” is: festivals, live music, celebrations, camping, biking, hiking, Animas river adventures and more! Even though this is not our usual lengthy event list for what is happening all month long, there are still some awesome things to get excited about! After all, summer is just around the corner and it’s time for us to celebrate!
Celebrate Good Times...
Saturday May 1:
- Dandelion Festival 2021 Celebrate outside at Rotary park with live music, beer, food, dancing and more!
- Tico Time Bluegrass Festival Been having a hankering for camping? Go jam out with great music and camp by the riverside.
- LPCHS Baby Shower (through May 8th) Help out your local humane society! LPCHS is expecting new puppies and kittens, so donate whatever supplies you can to make our furry friends comfortable and happy!
Tuesday May 4:
- Star Wars Day MAY THE FOURTH be with you..
- Quick & Dirty Walking Tour (all summer/ starting May 4th) Discover the notorious wild west events that happened on Durango’s historic main street.
Wednesday May 5:
Cinco de Mayo (celebrate at:) It’s officially TACO and MARGARITA time!
- North Zia Join the Young Professionals of Durango in celebrating.
- Balcony Bar & Grill The balcony will be celebrating 5/5 with good vibes and ice cold Mexican Logger.
Friday May 7:
- Elder Grown @ Animas City Theatre Your local theatre is back and ready to party! Check out the band Elder Grown as they take the stage.
- 9 & Dine Golf Tournament Go ahead-- take work off and enjoy yourself on the gorgeous fairways at Hillcrest Golf Club. You earned it!
Saturday May 8:
- Durango Farmers Market The Durango Farmers Market is officially back for the summer. Go check it out every Saturday morning!
- Guide School #1 (through May 15th) Are you an adventure seeker? Do you love being outside? Then sign up to be a raft guide with Durango Rivertrippers. It’s the perfect summer job.
Sunday May 9:
- Mother’s Day Be sure to give mom a hug and a big THANK YOU just for being her!
Wednesday May 12:
- Ladies Night @ Horse Empower Head on over to Horse Empower for ladies night. Bring a few friends and bond with the beautiful horses.
Thursday May 13:
- Tico Time Reggae Fest Tico Time riverside camping is happening again with their Reggae fest. If you’re a die-hard reggae fan, don’t miss out on this one!
Friday May 14:
- Art Show Opening Reception @ Animas Chocolate & Coffee Co. Go check out what the art scene of Durango is all about with the opening reception for a new artist.
- Wilderness First Responder Training The perfect training course for any outdoor guides, educators, rescue team members or the enthusiast who like to explore deep into the wild.
- Durango DEVO Bike Swap Why buy your kid a new bike for DEVO when you can just swap it out for a bigger one? Go check out the bike swap happening all weekend long.
Saturday May 15:
- Vallecito Lake Heavy Half Are you ready to run? Kick it into high gear at Vallecito’s Heavy Half and race around the lake!
- Pagosa Paddle On your marks, get set, PADDLE! It’s a white water race to the finish.
- Pagosa Paddle Race Party When you’re done paddling away during the Pagosa Paddle race, or you just want to join the party, head on over to the Springs Resort for a post-race celebration.
Saturday May 22:
- Date Night @ Horse Empower Running out of ideas for date night? Head on over to Horse Empower for an unforgettable experience.
- iAM MUSIC Fest The ultimate music festival in Durango is back!
- Bayfield Superhero Fun Run Do you happen to have a superhero costume tucked away in your closet from Snowdown or Halloween? If so, this run is for you.
- Four Corners Car Show Go check out the sweet classic cars at Harley Davidson in Durango.
Friday May 28:
- Iron Horse Bicycle Classic The biggest renowned bike race is back!
Saturday May 29 - Monday May 31:
- Memorial Day (Weekend) How are you planning to celebrate your Memorial Day Weekend in Durango? Tag us in your adventures on Facebook and Instagram and be sure you hashtag: #dodurango.