Things To Do in November in Durango
Ski season. Dia de los Muertos. The re-introduction of dark stouts to your diet. Endless turkey and stuffing. Sweaters, snow, and boots. November is here! As the epitome of fall and simultaneously the beginning of winter craziness here in Durango, November has a lot to offer. Check out the local events as well as regional ones to get you stoked for this upcoming month! Remember to use the hashtag #dodurango when you post pictures from these events, we love to see what the Durangotangs are up to and share them on our social media pages.
If you're headed out from here...
- 11/28 - Opening Day at Telluride Ski Resort. That just about covers it. You stoked yet?
- 11/29 - Warren Miller’s Timeless. Head to the Sheridan Opera House for this 70th-anniversary film from Warren Miller.
- 11/29-12/1 - Holiday Arts Bazaar. Take a trip to the Telluride Elks Lodge for fine arts, crafts, and artisan foods to start the holidays right.
- 11/8-9 - Independent Film Festival. The fifth year of the Ridgway Creative District and The Sherbino Independent Film Festival, with different programs on two nights.
- 11/2 - Moab Trail Marathon & Half. A marathon, a half, 5k, and a Kids-K all available!
- 11/15-17 - Walking the Edge: Climbing, Meditation, and Yoga in Moab. A restoring weekend in the desert of moab!
- 11/16 - Dead Horse Ultra. 50 miel, 50k, and 30k options.
- 11/1 - Garrett Young Collective at Shooters & Shenanigans. Catch the band and play some mini-golf, all in the same night.
- 11/23 - Turkey Trot & Gobble Wobble. A 5K run and 2 mile walk to celebrate Thanksgiving!
- 11/28 - 2019 - Gratitude Run & Walk. A great run for a great cause!
If you're around Durango...
In Durango, there's never a shortage of things to do. Check out the list of editor's choice events in town for this month, and if you're searching for more, check out our event calendar for a full list!
- 11/1 - Cirque Du Spook Halloween Dance. Head to the Animas City Theatre for a night of boogieing and costume contests!
- 11/1 - Pumpkin and Leaf Drop-off. “Feed pigs not bears!” Drop off your pumpkins and your fall leaves in Durango and Bayfield.
- 11/1-2 - Cirque de los Muertos. Be transported into the minds of the living and the realm of the dead in this performance presented by the Durango Circus.
- 11/1-9 - Festival de los Muertos. Artist booths, performances, and cultural celebration for Día de los Muertos!
- 11/2 - Hesperus Ski Swap. Skis, boards, helmets, jackets, poles, everything in between, all at unbeatable prices. Get ready for the 19/20 ski season.
- 11/3 - TEDxDurango. Durango has joined the independent movement known as TEDx! Go to the event to hear motivational speakers speak on the event’s theme, “Find the Humor.”
- 11/7 - Cross Country Skiing Info Night. Curious about cross country skiing? Learn all you need to know about the gear and the sport!
- 11/9 - What a Girl Wants Expo. This annual expo features a wide variety of gifts, live music, demonstrations, and unique vendors to get your holiday shopping started early.
- 11/9 - Girls on the Run Durango 5k. Join this 5k with the non-profit that aims at letting every girl understand her limitless potential.
- 11/9 - Bark & Wine Annual Fundraiser Gala. The 12th annual gala will benefit the La Plata County Humane Society.
- 11/15 - 15th Annual Ska/Venture Party. Beer? Snowboards? Live Music? Need we say more?
- 11/21 - Durango Community Thanksgiving Dinner. Join the community, locals and travelers alike, come together for a free community meal to celebrate the holiday.
- 11/23 - Purgatory Ski Resort Opening Day. Eat your turkey, put on your mask, and head out to the first ski day of the season!
- 11/29 - Singing with Santa. This event, with free cookies and hot chocolate, marks the official beginning of the holiday season in Downtown Durango!
- $599,900 | 480 Lewis Street Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
- $419,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #105
- $434,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #75
- $485,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #117
- $403,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #141
- $390,500 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #93