The Durango Bluegrass Meltdown
The Durango Bluegrass Meltdown is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and preservation of bluegrass music as an American art form. Since 1995, we have been presenting a unique experience in Durango, the gem of Southwest Colorado. The Meltdown features three unique, intimate main stages, a super jam, barn dance (Durango style), Saturday night Celtdown (for all you closet Celtoids!), and music flowing from bars, restaurants, coffee houses, and downtown streets and sidewalks--all within walking distance. Headquarters are located in the Historic Strater Hotel where jamming and merriment goes on into the wee hours of the morning, as the cowboys and miners would have liked it!
Buy your tickets HERE, or stop by Animas Trading Company to pick yours up today!
WHY YOU NEED TO BE THERE
This is THE festival to go to that breaks free from the cold clutches of winter in Durango. Colorado. If you like all things bluegrass, then you absolutely cannot miss out on this festival happening all weekend from Friday, April 22nd - Sunday, April 24th. Check out the venues, the band schedules, workshops and after parties below!
The Durango Arts Center (DAC) provides Durango and surrounding communities opportunities to create, to promote, and to participate in diverse arts experiences. The DAC brings people together to explore and engage in arts and culture by fostering creative expression through in-house exhibitions, performances, and educational programs for all ages and abilities. Check out the band schedule below to see who is playing and when for the annual Durango Bluegrass Meltdown.
Animas City Theatre boasts local music, independent films, a full bar, and an intimate venue to host any event. Voted Durango’s Best for Live Music, Animas City Theatre is the ideal intimate setting for feeling connected to your favorite bands. Acts can be local, national, and even international, so keep an eye out for groups that catch your eye, and for local favorites that have made Animas City Theatre their home venue. Check out the band schedule below to see who is playing and when for the annual Durango Bluegrass Meltdown.
The best place in Durango, Colorado for a honky tonk throwdown! Check out the complete schedule of bands playing at this local bar and dancin’ hall below.
The perfect spot for any local or visitor hosting a large event! Don’t miss out on the annual Durango Bluegrass Meltdown barn dance happening Saturday night at 7PM.
A historic landmark hotel in downtown Durango, featuring Victorian Old West decor, live music, two saloons, a theatre, restaurant, and meeting facilities. Walk inside the doors of The Strater Hotel in Durango, Colorado and open a world of living history that becomes part of every visitor’s personal story. Don’t miss out on the workshop series happening at the hotel on Saturday! See the schedule below for more information.
FRIDAY, APRIL 22ND:
Kickoff the Meltdown Festival with a FREE show at 11th Street Station at 5pm featuring Fellowship of the Strings and CCBE Rocky Mountain Tops.
- The Six Dollar String Band at 6pm
- AJ Lee and Blue Summit at 7pm
- The Badly Bent at 8pm
- Unspoken Tradition at 9pm
- Unspoken Tradition at 7pm
- La La Bones at 8pm
- AJ Lee and Blue Summit at 9pm
SATURDAY, APRIL 23RD:
The Workshops @ The Strater Hotel – located in the Pullman Room
- Kid’s Workshop with Alex Graf & Silas Hamilton at 12pm
- Mandolin with Sharon Gilchrest & KC Groves at 1pm
- Old-Time with Bruce Molsky & Tony Holmquist at 2pm
- Banjo with Tony Trischka & Greg Cahill at 3pm
- Songwriting with Burle & Mike Finders at 4pm
- Old Fuss and Feathers at 10am
- FY5 at 11am
- People We Know at 12pm
- CCBE Rocky Mountain Tops at 1pm
- Chain Station at 2pm
- AJ Lee and Blue Summit at 3pm
- Tone Dog at 4pm
- The Special Consensus at 5pm
- SUPER JAM hosted by Burle at 7pm!
- The Special Consensus at 11am
- Liver Quartet at 12pm
- Big Hooray Bluegrass at 1pm
- Blue Moon Ramblers at 2pm
- Unspoken Tradition at 3pm
- Old Fuss & Feathers at 4pm
- The Meltdown Sisters at 5pm
- Crooked Measures at 10am
- AJ Lee and The Summit at 11am
- Bluegrouse at 12pm
- FY5 at 1pm
- Smelter Mountain Boys at 2pm
- The Meltdown Sisters at 3pm
- Big Hooray Bluegrass at 4pm
- Unspoken at 5pm
- MELTDOWN LATE NIGHT featuring Chain Station at 7:30 PM!
- Durango Bluegrass Meltdown’s Inaugural Band Contest from 3 PM - 5PM!
- OLD TIME BARN DANCE featuring Bruce Molsky, Tony Trischka, Robin Davis & special guest, Six Dollar String Band starting at 7 PM!
SUNDAY, APRIL 24TH:
- Band Contest Finals at 10am
- The Special Consensus at 11am
- FY5 at 12pm
- The Meltdown Sisters at 1pm
- Old Fuss and Feathers at 2pm
- Big Hooray Bluegrass at 3pm
- Bruce Molsky & Tony Trischka at 4pm
- The Meltdown Sisters at 11am
- CCBE Rocky Mountain Tops at 12pm
- Bruce Molsky & Tony Trischka at 1pm
- FY5 at 2pm
- Chain Station at 3pm
- The Special Consensus at 4pm