Things to do in February Around Durango
Welcome to February Durangatangs! This year is leap year so February is bound to bring something wacky to the table. Are you feeling like the extra day has got you all out of sorts? Don’t! We have an extra day at our disposal-- let’s take advantage of it and find the best adventure to go on. Luckily for you, we have compiled a list of all the fun things happening this month in the area. You can thank us later by sending in all your photos of the marvelous times you’re going to be having! Whether going up on the mountain, tasting whiskey, supporting local fundraisers or celebrating the month of love, peaks your interest, we’ve got all the information you need to make February your month to get outside, go crazy and have fun!
If you're around Durango...
- Feb 7: Official 2020 Durango Film Festival Beer Release Party. It’s called the Malbec Stout and it is sure to bring the party to the film festival this year.
- Feb 7: Night to Shine 2020. A Night to Shine, sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation, is a prom designed for those with special needs within the community to enjoy a fun-filled prom night!
- Feb 7: Winter Bike to Work Day. This event is hosted by the City of Durango's Multimodal division! FREE breakfast, coffee, bike tune-ups and chances to win fun prizes!
- Feb 8: Heart and Soul Crafts Fair. Crafts, vendors, raffles and BBQ! Support the Women’s Resource center and spread the love.
- Feb 7 - 8: Garrett Young Collective. Listen to the young, local band from Bayfield rock out at the Wild Horse Saloon.
- Feb 14: Bohemian Burlesque Show. A Valentine's Day special! The Bohemian Burlesque show at the Powerhouse will be a night filled with theatrical performances that are both provocative and bold.
- Feb 14: Sad Bastards & Lonely Hearts Valentines. Heartbroken? Weary? Perpetually Bummed? Join us at Ska Brewing for Dinner for One specials; challenge yourself to a game of Klackers; and other things to make you happy.
- Feb 14: Romance on the Rails. Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad invites you to celebrate Valentine’s Day on this romantic, beautiful, scenic train ride through the wilderness!
- Feb 14 - 15: SASO Monologues. A truly moving event hosted by SASO and featuring a play intended to bring awareness to women’s voices of various ages.
- Feb 15: Telemark Festival. Free demos for all of you skiers who are brave enough and want to try out telemark skiing at Purgatory.
- Feb 15 - 16: Winter Photogrpaher's Special. Calling all photographers who want to take advantage of creating beautiful photos of the Durango and Silverton train!
- Feb 21 - 22 and 27,28,29: DAC Macbeth. Catch the iconic performance of MACBETH by the talented Durango Arts Center performers.
- Feb 21: Whiskey Tasting. Appetizers and six different types of whiskey-- yours for the tasting. Need we say more?
- Feb 22: Ski Bike Rally. The biggest, longest-running ski bike festival in the country! It’s the 17th annual ski bike rally to be held at Purgatory. Whether you’re a pro or want to try it out-- come one, come all!
- Feb 22: Vallecito Lake Ice Fishing Tournament. This is the most competitive ice fishing tournament in the area! Dress warm and bring your scolding hot beverages!
- Feb 23: San Juan Symphony Beethoven. Celebrate Beethoven’s 250th birthday with the San Juan Symphony!
- Feb 25: Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday. Mardi Gras celebration ball hosted by Habitat for Humanity of La Plata County at the Doubletree hotel! Food, silent auction, dancing and cocktails!
- Feb 27: Paws for Celebration LPP. Support Lisa Parker’s Puppies at the annual fundraiser to raise money for this local-favorite non-profit.
- Feb 28 - 29: Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour. Two nights of award-winning adventure and mountain films from all around the world! Proceeds will go to Rocky Mountain Wild and San Juan Citizens Alliance and also help keep Wolf Creek pass wild.
If you're heading out of town...
- Feb 8: Chocolate Lovers' Fling in Telluride. If you’re headed to Telluride- this annual fundraiser raises awareness to those who are survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Enjoy cocktails and chocolate!
- Feb 8 - 9: Silverton Whiteout. Be prepared for a challenge on your cross country skis, snowshoes or snowbikes! The 6th annual Silverton whiteout bike and ski event is being held this weekend!
- Feb 14: Cupid’s Bash. Cookies, cakes, crafts, bingo and more! Farmington, NM has the perfect spot to get your Valentine’s Day on.
- Feb 15 - 16: Silverton Skijoring. One of the craziest most extreme sports in the world. Who wouldn’t want to watch? Events are happening all weekend!
- Feb 13 - 16: Telluride Comedy Festival. Need a good laugh? The top comedians from all over the country will be performing in Telluride this weekend!
- Feb 22: The Brewery Comedy Tour. Keep the comedy coming in Farmington at the Brewery Comedy Tour!