Things to do in March around Durango
Welcome to the month of March and the madness that comes along with it, Durango. Whether you’re a die-hard college basketball fan or not, March always seems to be a confusing month of pure madness in Durango. Is it spring? Are we going to get another couple feet of snow the day we all will inevitably decide that it’s warm enough to wear shorts? Will we suddenly be struck with a heat wave? Can we all finally go camping or is it too cold? Don’t worry, we’re in this together! The first day of spring is March 19th, daylight savings time is March 12th, we have spring break planning to think about and St. Patrick’s Day- the ultimate beer drinking day- are all things we have to look forward to! So remember, dress in layers to try to conquer Durango’s fickle weather, get outside and enjoy yourself! As always, be sure to give us a follow on Facebook and Instagram and use our hashtag, #dodurango, to be featured on our page. Here are the best events happening all month long that you should definitely fear missing out on!
WEDNESDAY MARCH 1
- The 18th Annual Durango Independent Film Festival beginning March 1st and going through March 5th
- Psychedelic Club of Durango Meeting discuss away…
- Ben Wendel Group nothing like a concert on a Wednesday
- Helluva Weekend @ Purg live music and balloons and fireworks…oh my!
SATURDAY MARCH 4
- Uncle Clyde’s Run & Slide how fast can YOU slide?
- Coors Light Party & Giveaway be the steeziest skier on the mountain with some Coors Light goggles
- Annual Powder Hounds Art Auction & Pet Photo Contest Kick-Off Event kickin’ off a good cause with a few brews
MONDAY MARCH 6
- Happy Hour Yoga something to beat those Monday blues
TUESDAY MARCH 7
- Full Moon Winter Hike can’t beat a good snowshoe adventure in the moonlight
- OTT. fun concert at Animas City Theatre
THURSDAY MARCH 9
- Ska Lager Release Party BRAND. NEW. BREW.
FRIDAY MARCH 10
- Lagunitas Party & Giveaway you had me at free giveaways…
- Dignity First Dinner a night to make an impact
SATURDAY MARCH 11
- USASA GIANT SLALOM go catch all the epicness
- Durango Snowshoe, Hot Chocolate & a Treat the perfect combination to a perfect day
- High Country Hustle & Morsel fun concert at Animas City Theatre
MONDAY MARCH 13
- The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band fun concert at Animas City Theatre
WEDNESDAY MARCH 15
- Wolfwood Refuge Wolves Visit Purgatory no petting please…
- River Permit Cancellation Party for those who never win a permit and are just trying to cope with the loss… with a few brews
- True Heart Troubadours Tour jam out to some live music!
THURSDAY MARCH 16
- Day Late, Dollar Short Tour fun concert at Animas City Theatre
FRIDAY MARCH 17
- Snowboard Giveaway celebrate St.Patty’s day with Ska Brewing Co up at Purg!
- St. Patrick's Day at Ska Brewing you had me at $5 pints…
SATURDAY MARCH 18
- New Belgium Party & Giveaway anyone who shows up gets a raffle ticket!
- Hollywood Huckfest only for the daring and bold…
MONDAY MARCH 20
- SJMA's Spring Break Camp exploring the mountains, rivers and ecosystems of the southwest
TUESDAY MARCH 21
- SARAH SHOOK & THE DISARMERS WITH MIGHTMARE fun concert at Animas City Theatre
FRIDAY MARCH 24
- Durango Celtic Festival 2023 time to REALLY get your Irish on
SATURDAY MARCH 25
- Ready to Rally Season Opener it’s that time of year again
- Coors Light Party & Giveaway wrapping up the winter season..
WEDNESDAY MARCH 29
- Mexican Logger Release Party Mexican Logger = warmth and summertime in Durango!
- HENHOUSE PROWLERS WITH ALLIE KRAL fun concert at Animas City
THURSDAY MARCH 30
- No Man’s Land Film Festival a celebration of women through adventure and sport
- + Attractions
- + Business Services
- + Clothing & Access.
- + Construction
- + Entertainment
- + Health & Beauty
- + Hotels