Things To Do in August Around Durango
Monsoon season, a new school year, the conclusion to summer festivities, and dozens of spectacular events - hello August! Some may be saddened by the words “conclusion” and summer” being in the same sentence. Don’t worry, we are too. But the sunny season isn’t over quite yet! Durango and the surrounding Four Corners region aren’t saying goodbye to the beloved 14 hours of sun per day without having one more month of pure fun, so we’re going out with a bang. County Fairs, music festivals, beer fests, half-marathons and even mushroom hunting. Do whatever you need to do to make it to these events, it’ll be worth your while. We’ve highlighted some classic Durangatang local happenings, so as always be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook and #dodurango to be featured!
FRIDAY AUGUST 5TH:
- National Parks Art Show Opening chocolate, coffee and great photos of our National Parks– why would you NOT want to go?
- Movies in the Park spiderman, spiderman, does whatever a spider can…
- Yoga on the Terraces …namaste, every Friday all month long
- Friday Nights @ Fox Fire Farms live music, open field for picnicking and delicious wine– cheers!
- The Mysto Magic Show prepare to be amazed– every Friday night all month long
- Carve Wars who knew chainsawing could become an art?
SATURDAY AUGUST 6TH:
- Durango Farmers Market don’t forget to check out market day every Saturday morning
- Bayfield Farmers Market if you live in Bayfield, then check out their farmers market every Saturday morning
- Hauntings & History Ghost Tour check out the spookiest historical tour of Durango – can’t make it? Check the event calendar for more dates!
- The Quick & Dirty History Tour explore the roots of Durango & the Wild West
SUNDAY AUGUST 7TH:
- Rockin’ on the River if you want a true Durango experience, then this is the place to be
- Durango Flea Market no fleas here– just some awesome finds! Check out the Durango Flea Market every Sunday morning
MONDAY AUGUST 8TH:
- Community Cruise grab your bikes and go cruisin’ around the neighborhood
- Happy Hour Yoga who knew beer and yoga would be such a good combo?
TUESDAY AUGUST 9TH:
- 4-H Fashion Revue it’s officially county fair week!
- Twin Buttes Farm Stand pick up local produce every Tuesday at the farm stand
- Live Music @ Durango Hot Springs don’t forget to book your soak when there is live music happening all month long
- Comedy Open Mic Night bring your friends to cheer for you so you seem funnier than you actually are…
- Fair Royalty Contest who will be crowned as QUEEN in the 2022 County Fair?
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 10TH:
- Community Concerts in the Secret Garden shhh…it’s not a secret, but go listen to live music every Wednesday & support local nonprofits
- Trivia Night at Zia Cantina trivia is hard, but Zia Cantina makes it better
- La Plata County Fair 2022 it’s officially fair week! Check out the full schedule HERE
THURSDAY AUGUST 11TH:
- Ska-BQ great beer, great food, great people, awesome music– every Thursday, all month long
- Concerts in the Plaza every Thursday, all month long, check out live music in the Plaza @ Three Springs, Durango
- County Fair Talent Contest it’s your time to shine!
FRIDAY AUGUST 12TH:
- Friday at the Fair Concert join in on the tradition and check out the concert in the arena at the fair
SATURDAY AUGUST 13TH:
- National Bowling Day BOGO on all bowling at Thunder Lanes
- Demolition Derby get rowdy, get muddy and get loud
- Fair Family Dance on the Patio bring your dancin’ shoes
- Turns & Berms Downhill MTB it’s the perfect opportunity for you to get into downhill mountain biking
MONDAY AUGUST 15TH:
- Open Mic Monday it’s your time to showcase your talents
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 17TH:
- Wagon Wheel Liquors Free Tasting go get your tasting on of liquor, wine & beer– every other Wednesday
- Chocolate Tasting if chocolate & coffee is more of your thing, check this out every other Wednesday @ Animas Chocolate and Coffee Co
THURSDAY AUGUST 18TH:
- ASA’s Day at the Lake 2022 join the Adaptive Sports Association for a fun day in the sun at Lake Nighthorse
FRIDAY AUGUST 19TH:
- Purgatory Mushroom & Wine Dinner 5 course dinner, wine pairings and, of course, mushrooms
- Silverton Summer Sounds head to the mountains for Silverton’s Summer Sounds series
- Movie in the Park- Curella it’s the last opportunity of the summer to check out Movies in the Park!
SATURDAY AUGUST 20TH:
- Mancos Valley Summer Brewfest because why wouldn’t you want to go to two brewfests two weekends in a row?
SUNDAY AUGUST 21ST:
- Purgatory Mushroom Hunt 2022 you might feel like a hobbit, but who cares?
FRIDAY AUGUST 26TH
- Flagship Romance check out this duo at the Smiley Building
- San Juan Brewfest short lines, souvenir tasting glass– it’s VIP day @ San Juan Brewfest
SATURDAY AUGUST 27TH:
- San Juan Brewfest unlimited tastings of beers from all across the Four Corners area– CHEERS!
- Thirsty 13 Half Marathon you’re basically running 13 miles for free beer at Brewfest
SUNDAY AUGUST 28TH:
- Manna Tour De Farms no, it’s not like tour de France– it’s even better!
For more local events, check out these calendars: