Things To Do in October Around Durango
Let the spooky season officially commence! Whether your perfect way to celebrate this time of year is to dress up and take the family to a pumpkin patch, or going to the annual Rocky Horror Show is more of your thing, don’t forget to check out the other awesome events throughout the month of October. Additionally, the first official SPOKETOBER celebration is happening in Durango, so be sure to look out for events celebrating all things biking throughout the next 31 days. Finally, don’t forget to peep the fall colors before all of the Aspen leaves fall and our little mountain town gets coated with a blanket of snow. As always, we want to see how YOU are living well in Durango! Be sure to like us on Facebook and Instagram and #dodurango to be featured.
HAPPY PUMPKIN PICKIN’ Y’ALL!
MONDAY OCTOBER 3RD:
- Spoketober only for those that are stoked to be riding those spokes all month long
- Happy Hour Yoga what better concept is there than doing some yoga and then enjoying a brew with friends? Every Monday all month long at Ska Brew Co
- Community Apple Days Harvest it’s officially time for apple pickin’! Don’t miss the apple days harvest happening through October 6th
TUESDAY OCTOBER 4TH:
- Twin Buttes Farm Stand swing by the Twin Buttes farm stand every Tuesday all month long for some fresh local produce
- Laughter After Dark it’s comedy night every Tuesday evening for the month of October at 11th Street Station
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 5TH:
- Paint and Sip a relaxing, fun way to end your work day every Wednesday all month long
- Wine Wednesdays because who wouldn’t want to enjoy a bottle of wine after a long work day? Happening every Wednesday all month long at Seasons
THURSDAY OCTOBER 6TH:
- Sacred Body Flow check out this awesome yoga class every Thursday all month long
FRIDAY OCTOBER 7TH:
- Spooky Night at the Pumpkin Patch check out the spooky-ness of October at Durango’s pumpkin patch
- Jack-a-lope Acres Fall Festival don’t miss out on this family-fun spot to go pick out your own pumpkins
SATURDAY OCTOBER 8TH:
- 2022 Locals First’s Harvest Dinner enjoy locally sourced food and cocktails at the annual harvest dinner
- Bow Wow Film Festival don’t miss the opportunity to see just how silly animals of Durango can really be
SUNDAY OCTOBER 9TH:
- 30th Anniversary Toy Run - The Toy Run Before Christmas help collect toys for the local children in need this holiday season
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 12TH:
- Chocolate Tasting coffee and chocolate? YES PLEASE!
THURSDAY OCTOBER 13TH:
FRIDAY OCTOBER 14TH:
- Ride the Train to Cascade a historical educational ride to Cascade Canyon and back to Durango
- Animas Valley Balloon Rally | Balloon Glow at Dusk go check out the balloon glow downtown!
SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH:
- Animas Valley Balloon Rally | Mass Ascension from the Launch Field see everyone launch the balloons for the rally!
SUNDAY OCTOBER 16TH:
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 19TH:
- CDOT Career Fair who knows? You might just find yourself on a new career path after this
FRIDAY OCTOBER 21ST:
- Edward Aldrich One Man Show check out the featured paintings of this artist at the Sorrel Sky Gallery
SATURDAY OCTOBER 22ND:
- FLC Homecoming don’t miss Fort Lewis College’s homecoming game
- The Secret Circus Society presents "Freaks & Treats" let the Halloween celebrations of 2022 officially commence
THURSDAY OCTOBER 27TH:
- Durango DEVO Kids Halloween Parade it’s a Halloween celebration!
- Ska-BQ with Randy Crumbaugh don’t miss beer specials, great food and live music
FRIDAY OCTOBER 28TH:
- Richard O’Brien’s The Rocky Horror Show there’s no better way to celebrate Halloween as an adult then to go to a Rocky Horror Show
MONDAY OCTOBER 31ST:
- Downtown Children’s Halloween Event trick or treat with the kiddos at local businesses in downtown Durango
For more local events, check out these calendars: