City of Durango Issues Face Covering Order
Durango, CO: Interim City Manager Amber Blake, pursuant to the emergency declaration related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, has issued order #2020-08 requiring all persons shall to wear a Face Covering when entering, waiting in line to enter and while in the following locations within the City of Durango:
- Any place of business engaged in any sales or other transactions of any kind to the general public and any place that offers services, facilities, privileges, or advantages to the general public, including any outside courtyard, patio, seating, waiting or parking area associated with the place of business or place of service in which any kind of delivery, pick up or other service is provided;
- Any City owned or operated building or indoor facility of any kind;
- Any public transportation, including City transit buses and bus shelters and the Airport terminal building;
- Any other public place whether indoor or outdoor where persons are unable to maintain safe social distancing (six or more feet separation) from others who are not residents of their own household
As used in this Order, Face Covering shall mean a covering made of cloth, fabric, or other soft or permeable material, without holes, that covers only the nose and mouth and surrounding areas of the lower face, and that fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face and remains in place without the use of one’s hands. Face coverings include, but are not limited to, bandannas, medical masks, cloth masks, buffs and gaiters.
The City will attempt to seek voluntary compliance through education and warning notices prior to the issuance of any citations. Compliance with this Order may be enforced under Sections 1-16 and 9-9 of the City Code. In addition, the City may pursue suspension or revocation of a business license under Section 13-8 of the Municipal Code, or it may pursue any other legal remedy to secure enforcement.
This Order shall become effective at 12:01 a.m. on May 22, 2020 and shall expire on June 19th, 2020 unless extended or modified by further order of the Interim City Manager.
PC: City of Durango
- $175,000 | TBD S. Bear Creek Road Bayfield, CO 81122
- $575,000 | 480 Lewis Street Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
- $419,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #105
- $434,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #75
- $485,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #117
- $403,000 | 177 Pioneer Ave. Durango, CO 81301 #141