- Job Category: Construction
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Elwood Staffing
- More Jobs from this Company
EXPERIENCED MASON WANTED
A Mason Journeyman must be able to work with brick, block and/or stone completing custom work on distinctive projects. Journeyman masons need to have above average skill and speed in laying brick, block and/or stone. A Mason is required to complete work safely, with quality and within productivity specifications as directed by the foreman or superintendent.
• Participate and collaborate with the crew during daily huddle to ensure safety, quality and productivity goals are set.
• Shapes brick, block, or stone in preparation for final setting with use of chisels and/or power saws. • Spreads mortar along mortar guides to ensure joints of uniform thickness.
• Spreads mortar over brick, block, or stone and foundation with trowel and sets masonry in place by hand or with aid of a forklift or a crane.
• Aligns brick, block, or stone with plumb line and finishes joints with pointing trowel.
• Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
• Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
• Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
• Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.
• Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or Superintendent.
• 3-5 year of equivalent work experience
• Attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness
• Conserves materials and meets productivity set forth by supervisors
• Observes all safety procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses and maintains equipment and materials properly.
• Has own tools
*Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
How to Apply Visit, email, call or text us today! Walk-ins are welcome!
Feel free to apply online at www.elwoodjobs.com
65 Mercado St. Suite 115 | Durango, CO | 81301
(970) 259-3131 (We are Text Friendly)
65 Mercado Suite
Durango CO 81301
65 Mercado St. Suite 115
Durango, Colorado 81301
E-mail Your Resume