5th Grade Classroom Teacher
- Job Category: Education
- Salary: $42,000 - $60,000 a year
- Education: Trade Certifications
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: The Juniper School
Please see our website at https://juniper.durangoschools.org for more information.
Plan instruction and assessment aligned to Colorado Academic Standards. Supervise assigned students and maintain a positive learning environment. Adapt instruction to meet the individual learning needs of all students resulting in an increased probability of advancing their achievement. Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with students, parents, staff and community members.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Utilize effective teaching practices to teach the adopted curricula for assigned grades and subjects so that students attain adopted grade/course expectations and standards. Modify and tailor the curriculum as necessary to address individual student differences, learning styles, and student abilities. Instruct with adopted materials and utilize supplemental classroom materials, media, and teaching appropriate for assigned levels and subjects
● Utilize formative and summative assessments to assess the learning, achievement, and performance of each student and report the results as required by school procedures.
● Model, promote, and as situations arise, take the opportunity to provide instruction related to character education including citizenship and responsible behavior (respect for self, other and property), bullying prevention, conflict resolution skills, and responsible work habits and ethics
● Maintain an orderly, positive learning environment free from disruptive behavior by implementing proactive classroom management strategies and enforcing the Student Conduct Code. Supervise students to minimize any possibility of violent behavior and to minimize potential accidents.
● Be familiar with and abide by all applicable Federal and Colorado laws and regulations; Board of Education policies and District Regulations, as amended from time to time; school procedures that relate to employment with the school.
Education and Licensure
Colorado Teaching License with endorsements for the levels and subject areas teaching.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
● Excellent interpersonal relations and oral and written communication skills.
● Strong decision making, analytical and organizational skills.
● Ability to work with students with diverse needs at various levels.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
● Ability to promote and follow Board policies and school procedures
● Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting
● Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
Reports to Head of SchooL
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $42,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Durango, CO 81303: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Job Link: Click HERE To Apply!
- + Attractions
- + Business Services
- + Clothing & Access.
- + Construction
- + Entertainment
- + Health & Beauty
- + Hotels