- Job Category: Industrial
- Salary: $29.81 - $31.25 an hour
- Education: High School Graduate
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Glacier Club
Water / Wastewater
Title: Lead Operator
Department: Water / Wastewater
Reports To: Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC)
Position Type: Non-Exempt
The Lead Operator will operate and maintain every aspect for Elbert Creek Water Company
(“ECWC”) water and wastewater system under the supervision of the ORC to ensure compliance with Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements.
1. Performs day-to-day field operations related to water system maintenance to ensure distribution of water to all ECWC customers; and performs field operations related to wastewater system maintenance to ensure proper collection and treatment of residential and commercial wastewater; monitors treatment and storage of water supply using SCADA telemetry; monitors wastewater treatment processes to ensure compliance with the EPA and with the CDPHE effluent regulations and standards.
2. Performs day-to-day operations and maintenance of the water and wastewater facilities as well as the distribution and collections system.
3. Maintains a Maintenance Plan for the water treatment and wastewater facilities as well as the distribution and collections system.
4. Performs a variety of duties requiring knowledge of basic water and wastewater systems; maintains water valves and mains, manholes, sewer lines, and fire hydrants; records measurements and locations of manholes, etc.; inspects lines for maintenance and repair work; installs water taps.
5. Maintain the ECWC property including treatment plans, shop, and office.
6. Uses various types of tools and equipment and trains other staff members in their safe and proper use which may include backhoe, hand tools, power tools, long-handled tools, jackhammer, grinder, compressor, tamper, locating equipment, and sewer jet, as applicable.
7. Assist with routine water meter readings as well as investigates irregular readings.
Water / Wastewater
8. Collects, enters, and analyzes data to make data driven decisions.
9. Keeps the ORC fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems.
10. Works closely with ORC to strategically plan system improvement projects and future development.
11. Assist ORC with scheduling and notify customers of upcoming construction, maintenance, outages, etc.
12. Communicates with members, guests, and fellow staff members in a professional and effective manner demonstrating respect and courtesy.
13. Professionally responds to customer questions and complaints as well as document all complaints to the complaint log.
14. Assist with the ECWC Backflow Prevention and Cross Connection Control Program (BPCCCP) including inspections, inventory, and annual reports.
15. Responds to emergencies within the distribution and collections system as well as at the water and wastewater treatment plant.
16. Responds to emergencies on a weekend rotation.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the ORC.
1. Education and Experience: a. High school diploma or GED; AND b. Direct experience in public works / utility operations, including water and wastewater.
2. Existing operation licensing is preferred and candidate must be able to possess and maintain at least the following Colorado licenses within the first year of employment: a. Water Treatment D b. Distribution 1 c. Wastewater Treatment D d. Wastewater Collections 1
3. Must have experience with recording and analyzing data.
4. Must have experience with Excel and GIS mapping programs
5. Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
Water / Wastewater
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $29.81 - $31.25 per hour
Employee assistance program
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Ability to commute/relocate:
Durango, CO 81301: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
Public works/Utility Operations: 1 year (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Job Link: Click HERE To Apply!